Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhav
Contributor II
Contributor II

Installation Failed - Qlik Sense Desktop

Hello,

I have run into installation error midway into installing Qlik Sense Desktop.

I have attached the log file. 

My system specifications are: Personal Computer, Windows 10, 4GB ram,  64bit

Please kindly help.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @madhav 

I suspect the issue might be related to .Net Framework. Follow the instruction here to resolve the issue: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-Desktop-or-Server-Install-Fails-Failed-to-Install...  

Let me know how it goes.

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

madhav
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Problem has been solved, I have activated my windows (which I did not realize before) and tried the download again and it worked. Thanks @Vinay_B  @Luis_Arocho-LLantin  @NadiaB for trying to help me 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @madhav 

By any chance could you attach the installation logs ?

Thank you !

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
madhav
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@NadiaB I have attached it as pdf file

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @madhav 

Its challenging to read the PDF, is there any possibility to share the text files?
Thank you !

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
madhav
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@NadiaB Not sure what you are asking exactly, the log file is a text file which is 91 MB, so I converted it to pdf file just to able to upload it here. The pdf file is the log file exactly same as the text file just in pdf format.

Luis_Arocho-LLantin

Hi Nadia.

I was able to convert the PDF to TXT.  The error is:

[19:52:00:561]: Note: 1: 1708 MSI (s) (88:E8)

[19:52:00:561]: Note: 1: 2205 2: 3: Error MSI (s) (88:E8)

[19:52:00:561]: Note: 1: 2228 2: 3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1708 MSI (s) (88:E8)
[19:52:00:787]: Note: 1: 2205 2: 3: Error MSI (s) (88:E8)
[19:52:00:787]: Note: 1: 2228 2: 3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1709 MSI (s) (88:E8) [19:52:00:787]: Product: Qlik Sense Desktop -- Installationfailed.MSI (s) (88:E8)
[19:52:00:790]: Windows Installer installed the product. ProductName: Qlik Sense Desktop. Product Version: 14.54.2. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: QlikTech International AB. Installation success or error status: 1603.MSI (s) (88:E8)
[19:52:01:779]: Deferring clean up of packages/files, if any exist
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @madhav 

I suspect the issue might be related to .Net Framework. Follow the instruction here to resolve the issue: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Sense-Desktop-or-Server-Install-Fails-Failed-to-Install...  

Let me know how it goes.

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
madhav
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Vinay_B  Thanks for the response, I have checked the url you have provided.

1. I already have powershell in the path tab (attached as image)

2. For the option 2 in the link provided, the url doesnot exists.

Are there any other options to try?

madhav
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Problem has been solved, I have activated my windows (which I did not realize before) and tried the download again and it worked. Thanks @Vinay_B  @Luis_Arocho-LLantin  @NadiaB for trying to help me 🙂