Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthickts
Contributor
Contributor

Installing Qlik Sense through Userdata in EC2 AWS

Hello All,

We are trying to install the qlik sense Feb 2019 through the userdata of EC2 instances in AWS. We are passing required service/domain users to the exe and it is failing to validate the service user.

To be clear, when we run this using userdata, it will be executed via system admin user. And the error comes is below,

[11EC:1348][2019-04-04T09:50:10]i000: PREREQUISITE CHECK: Service user validation failed.

[11EC:1348][2019-04-04T09:50:10]i000: PREREQUISITE CHECK: Qlik Sense cannot be installed as Local System.
[11EC:1348][2019-04-04T09:50:10]i000: About to quit this session (with exit code -1000).

Is there anyway to install differently in the userdata in AWS EC2?

Thanks,

Karthick

Labels (3)
9 Replies
karthickts
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Further details to add on this,

We are in a plan to run the Qlik sense services as a service/domain user. But the installation will be carried out by a Local admin user when the EC2 instance is being created.

But Feb 2019 version of Qlik sense is not allowing this feature where in September 2018 is allowed to run as service as domain user and install as Local admin user.

Can the Qlik support team help on or clarify on this?

Thanks.

Sebastian_Linser

Hello Karthicks,

for a start you could install Sense via the cmd promt using:

Qlik_Sense_Setup.exe skipvalidation=1

that will make the installer not check for the service credentials under the installation. I have February 2019 running just fine with a local user as admin user/service user on a EC2 AWS.

More information on the switches you can find here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense...

Just ignore the silent option.

Feel free to open a case with support if it does not work.

regards

Sebastian

Qlik Product Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂
karthickts
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Sebastian for the response.

But we need to install the application silently when the EC2 instance comes up. And when I passed the skip validation, it has given the below error message

[0FA8:081C][2019-04-09T15:29:39]i000: Service user validation: Skipping validation because SkipValidation was passed.
[0FA8:081C][2019-04-09T15:29:49]i000: PREREQUISITE CHECK: Qlik Sense cannot be installed as Local System.
[0FA8:081C][2019-04-09T15:29:49]i000: About to quit this session (with exit code -1000).
[0FA8:0E38][2019-04-09T15:29:49]i500: Shutting down, exit code: 0xfffffc18

We use the below command to install the application,

Qlik_Sense_setup.exe -silent -log "[path]\QlikInstall.log" userwithdomain="domain\user" userpassword="xxx" dbpassword="xxxx" sharedpersistenceconfig="[path]\spc.cfg"

This installation is working if we logged in and run the same command. But if we are running it without logging and via instance Userdata, it throws the above message.

yuvarajelangovan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ,

Are you trying to deploy qliksense in windows or linux ?? If it is windows then you need to add the user /service acount to to the  active directory and try it out.

madaanr12
Contributor
Contributor

How do you manage the sort out the issue?

Azhar1702
Contributor
Contributor

Hi karthickts,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having exactly the same issue. Please let me know. Thanks.

madaanr12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @azhar1072,

Are you able to sort out the issue. Please guide us in case we are able to sort out.

Thanks,

Raman

Azhar1702
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet.

j_twardziak
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Karthick,

I've had the same issue when installing Qlik Sense on VM in GCP via the startup script.

The thing that worked was to create the Scheduled Task that is registered against the domain user account that has the local administrator rights. 

So, let's assume your domain user account is MD\user1.

Within the VM's startup script you create task and run it:

$action = New-ScheduledTaskAction -Execute 'Powershell.exe' -Argument '-NonInteractive -NoLogo -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File C:\Temp\QlikSenseInstall.ps1'
$settings = New-ScheduledTaskSettingsSet -ExecutionTimeLimit (New-TimeSpan -Hours 1)
If( $action -and $settings ){
    $task = Register-ScheduledTask -Action $action -TaskName "InstallQlikSense" -Description "Task to install Qlik Sense" -User "MD\user1" -Password "password" -Settings $settings
    if($task ){
        LogWrite "Scheduled task to install Qlik Sense was created successfully."
        Start-ScheduledTask -TaskName "$taskName" -AsJob
    }
}

Before you create and run the task, you need to create QlikSenseInstall.ps1 script including steps to install Qlik Sense.

Hope it will work for your scenario as well. 

Best regards,

Janusz