Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Applicable88
Creator III
Creator III

Intervalmatch of dates not directly linked

Hello,

many might still remember the following picture from HIC, where he explained how to manage "slowly changing dimension" tables with a table with ONE event:

Applicable88_0-1592224100804.png

Normally the examples are like "range of point grades" or "battery range"

I don't have a similar problem, but I have many many intervals. 

I have a error table, where I take record of which shelf with problems were reported. The dates of report I did the intervalmatch with another table. The intervals valid from/ valid to of a materials table. This   slowly changing dimension table in which are many  materials with a valid from and valid to duration.

Everytime a material changes, it will set the shelf ID with that materialchange of today  to today()-1 and the new one is valid from today() until 31.12.2999.

Now since we just started to implement this system, with only a few exception mostly duration of most materials are until 31.12.2999.

After I did the intervalmatch, I got tons of combination of report dates to interval 'valid from' and 'valid to'. Its almost like a cross join and I can't filter properly. I just want the table to return the rightmaterial with an error when the report was announced back then. The date has to fit to the validation interval.

I hope someone has a solution.

Best.

0 Replies