Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anhtoanvu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Invalid Certificates during Feb 2020 Update

Dear all,

during our Update from Nov 2019 to Feb 2020 the setup warns us about an "Invalid Certificates" and want to remove it. If we check the box it says it is unable to remove (Screenshot) .We already tried to install it as  a  Serviceuser with admin rights and an AD-Administrator.

We do not have installed any other Certificates from a third party. The only one is the default on from Qlik.

Kind Regards Anh Toan

7 Replies
beat_roos
Contributor III
Contributor III

We have the same error as you. did you found any solution how to solve? 

anhtoanvu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

No not yet I just opened a ticket and will inform as soon as possible.

beat_roos
Contributor III
Contributor III

I just found a way that semse to work for us. I tried to update it with the same user then before, but startet the update by using right mouseclick and use the "run as administrator" function. Now it semse to work for us. 

anhtoanvu
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I already tried it.

Our IT- Administrator tried it with our AD-Admin User already too.

EdenilsonRosa
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

We found this error during the update process for February 2020, the most efficient solution, exporting the certificates installed by qlik, removing these certificates, making the update process normal, following this method worked normally. For safety don't forget to backup.

emanriquezc
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi everyone,

Check out the following article: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000097086

Regards,

Cheenu
Contributor
Contributor

The link (Qlik's solution to this issue, i.e. tick the box and click Next) does NOT work, as explained above. Did a backup of certificates on a standalone DEV server and it was fine. Did the same on a PROD server central node with one rim and it was an absolute carnage that I couldn't resolve. Had to re-install the mirror of the previous (backup) config of the server. Still cannot upgrade our PROD Server.

If Qlik Support is reading this, please issue comprehensive instructions on how to go about this. The current Help solution does not work, the video about backing up and manually deleting certificates, although helpful, does not work in all circumstances.

Help is needed.