Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II

Is Qlik Sense App display dependent on browser or user?

Hello,

I have created a Qlik Sense app that shows all the charts, text and other KPI charts properly aligned when I check the app on google chrome browser. But for the same app, some of the KPIs are not properly visible for my team mate whom I have made the owner after publishing the app. I was under impression that the Qlik sense app display of the dashboard should be same for each user irrespective of the browser they use but then I see some change in the display when I assign it to other user. Any idea if the display of the Qlik Sense App is dependent on user or browser settings?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I got the issue. It was due to different theme of the app. If we select Qlik Classic, it keeps the objects compressed as there is no border between them. If we select Qlik Focus, it will create border between the objects/charts and then we need bigger space for the same API. 

In my case, I chose Qlik Classic and all the objects are aligned  in smaller space.

Note: Theme can only be changed before publishing the app.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

the UI is responsive it will realign a little based on the resolution. So it will look a little different. So you need to design it considering that. eg default reading order in a Qlik Sense app is left to right.
if you have screenshots i can comment properly.
Check sheet properties to make sure something isnt being messed up there
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Please find the display of app for 2 different users:

User 1: Who has developed the app. Has date picker, last updated text, KPIs aligned properly.

AppDisplay1.PNG

User 2: To whom user 1 has given ownership, all the above are not fitted properly in the same area.

AppDisplay2.PNG

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You need to make the KPIs a little bigger or reduce font size. As you can see for user 1 even with 100.00 there is a scroll bar eliminate that.

Design it to the biggest values possible

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Also use chrome developer tools to simulate screen resolution and test 

PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I got the issue. It was due to different theme of the app. If we select Qlik Classic, it keeps the objects compressed as there is no border between them. If we select Qlik Focus, it will create border between the objects/charts and then we need bigger space for the same API. 

In my case, I chose Qlik Classic and all the objects are aligned  in smaller space.

Note: Theme can only be changed before publishing the app.