Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is Qlik Sense built with AngularJS framework?

Looking at the source code it seems to me that Qlik Sense use AngularJS. I'm exited with that choice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Vadim,

Yes AngularJS is used through out the product together with a loooong list of other third party software.

If you click on the menu icon from the Desktop Hub and and choose About then Third Party Software you will see a list of all the third party components we are using.

A huge benefit of using for example Angular is that you can leverage it from extensions or mashups speeding up development enormously.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Vadim - I will verify for you, but I believe it does use components, modules, libraries etc. from Angular.

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Vadim,

Yes AngularJS is used through out the product together with a loooong list of other third party software.

If you click on the menu icon from the Desktop Hub and and choose About then Third Party Software you will see a list of all the third party components we are using.

A huge benefit of using for example Angular is that you can leverage it from extensions or mashups speeding up development enormously.

vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That's a very good news.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

There will be more information and documentation coming soon around extended Qlik Sense.

This is a sneak peak into how you can leverage AngularJS from within your extensions.

A very basic example that uses some of the built-in directives of Angular to render a funky column chart.

Un-zip the folder into C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

Also if you are interested in extended any of Qlik products I would recommend that you sign up for Qlik Branch which will launch soon.

vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for examlpe.

Signed up to Branch.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This is exactly what I was looking for. Than you akl‌ and Vadim for asking.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Alexander,

currently i'm trying using angularjs inside popup content of an extension for qlik sense version 2.2

it seems it doesn't works.

Below the simple code I used:

<div ng-app>

<p>Inserisci il tuo nome: <input type="text" ng-model="pname"></p>

<p>Hello {{pname}}!</p>

</div>

the result is that expression {{pname}} is not being evaluated!

Is it possible to achieve it ?