Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is Qliksense 1.0 accessable from different machine?

Hi

I installed qliksense 1.0 on Windows 2008 R2 server. It's working properly in the server. I'm able to create charts using hub after logging into the server. I've given access pass to me and some other users. I want to access hub and console from my local machine which is on the same network. But i'm getting error, showing url is unrecognized. Please help.

Thanks,

Manash

11 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

are you using the exact same URL from the local machine ? 

qlik sense will reject different server references for the same machine unless you add them to the white list proxy list in the QMC

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I'm using same url from my local machine.

How to add them to list proxy list in QMC? please help.

Thanks for your response.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

to answer your question, here is a screenprint from the QMC of where to allow OTHER servers to the white list.

Some examples as follows:

servername

servername.domainname.com

IP

In 1.0 i think this is under proxies/advanced in QMC. in 1.1 its under Virtual proxies/advanced.

Capture.PNG

BUT I'm NOT sure this is the reason for the error.  Can you please post the exact error in a screenshot ? you may need to open a firewall for ports for 80/443/4243/4244/4248. The ports are also listed under Proxies/ports in the QMC

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Are you using Qlik Sense or Qlik Sense Server?

Qlik Sense is intended to respond only to "localhost"

Not applicable
Author

I installed Qliksense server. Now I'm trying to access the hub from my local machine ( windows 7 /32 bit) through url

http://server name/hub. Please help.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

"But i'm getting error, showing url is unrecognized"

Would you mind attaching a screenshot?

Not applicable
Author

Error at local machine.jpg

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Is QMC available?

https://<QPS server name>/qmc

Not applicable
Author

No,QMC and HUB both are not opening in my computer. Please suggest how can we achive this.