Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sxtm
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is data copied when using Data Manager?

Hi!

I am new into Qlik world and I try to understand how the concepts are working together. I am now at the point where I try to understand what the data flow is, more specific on this question, what happens when I add data using the Data Manager.

Is data from the data source (Excel file, MS SQL Database, other type of data source) copied into Qlik Sense (Qlik Sense Desktop for example) or the Qlik app use the data directly? What happens behind the scene with the data?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ben

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Yes, it's copied into the memory of your system. Also known als your RAM. Qlik stores it in a very optimized way with symbol tables and pointers to minimize the size of an app.

This means when you use the app, the data is pulled from the memory and not queried against your source. This is really helpful because it releases stress on your operational system

I hope this helps a bit!

Jordy 
Climber 

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Yes, it's copied into the memory of your system. Also known als your RAM. Qlik stores it in a very optimized way with symbol tables and pointers to minimize the size of an app.

This means when you use the app, the data is pulled from the memory and not queried against your source. This is really helpful because it releases stress on your operational system

I hope this helps a bit!

Jordy 
Climber 

Work smarter, not harder
sxtm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!

This helps a lot!

Best regards,

Ben