Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to have report bursting in qlik sense server ?

Hi ,

I want to know whether it is possible to do report bursting in Qlik sense server ?? if yes what are the steps to do so and what are the limitation I can face while doing it ?

5 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

bursting mean?  what do you want exactly?

phapalesaurabh
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

You can achieve that by giving specific data level security & report level security for the user.

Also, If you want to send those report via email, you should opt for Qlik Npriniting product.

You can not send Report in Stanalone Qlik Sense. However, It can be achieved via Extensions.

But i would recommend to use Npriniting.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Nupur,

There is a different module called NPrinting, which can help you to send the reports to multiple recipients in various formats like Excel, PDF etc.

More help can be found in below link.

What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I had never come across that term before either, but Uncle Google pointed me to a Pentaho definition of it :

Introduction

Report Bursting has a fairly long history (for the computer industry). It can be traced back to the days when printers were the size of washing machines and printer paper was perforated fan-fold with green bars on it. Large reports would be created with 'page breaks' between each section of the report and someone would have to stand and physically break, or 'burst', the pages at that point by flicking the edge of the perforations with their finger.

Bursting is still used today but generally involves much less finger-flicking. Some reporting bursting solutions still use the approach of taking one long data set and breaking it up into many parts, however Pentaho uses an approach that is more sophisticated.

https://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Reporting/Report+Bursting

Various software vendors have different swerves on the definition, but all seem to imply that their software is very good at it

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Nupur,

There are some products that can be used within Qlik Solutions, like:

BIMail - BI NETWORK

CIA Corp - Report Manager Qlikview Integration

Regards,

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM