Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PP_12
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is it possible to use set analysis to ignore the current selection except one field linked to that selection

Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m not too sure if this can even be done with Qlik’s model. But is it possible to use set analysis to ignore the current selection except one field linked to that selection (InvestmentID).

I have a table of owners and an investment table with the main link being the investment ID. One investment can have multiple owners but when you make a search/selection (using a filter pane) in qlik on one person then this list only shows that specific person selected  – there is no way to see the other linked investors. 

I was wondering if it’s possible to still have a straight table display all linked owners to an investment despite one person being selected.

Hopefully the example below helps show what I am needing.

E.g.: A search on Sam smith returns the current result but I would like to have something like the tables highlighted which takes into account the Sam’s InvestmentID link to Angela.  So even though a search was done on Sam Smith, users would still be able to see Angela Russel details somewhere within the sheet. I have a filter pane where you can search on Owner, InvestmentID, Investments and other dimensions not relevant to this and the tables populate and change based on selection(s).

Current result in Sheet

InvestmentID

Owner/Investors

Investments

Sam Smith

McDonalds

Desired Result (Opt1:Main Summary Table)

Desired Result (Opt2: Separate table in sheet)

InvestmentID

Owner/Investors

Investments

OR

LINKED OWNER(S)

Sam Smith

McDonalds

InvestmentID

Owner/Investors

Investments

Angela Russel

McDonalds

Angela Russel

McDonalds

Investment Table

Owner Table

InvestmentID

Investments

InvestmentID

Owner/Investors

McDonalds

Sam Smith

McDonalds

Angela Russel

Burger King

Tom Cruise

Ford

Tim Finn

Toyota

Sally Rile

I have been reading and searching for quite some time on set analysis and only see examples with numeric fields and aggregation functions like the below example thread. This is the reason for my post. If this is possible what functions could I use as I am not needing a sum or count.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Ignore-all-selections-except-some-specific-fields-u...

Unrelated expression found online: sum({1<[Stock]={'Stock 1','Stock 3'}>} Amount)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps,

===============================================================

WARNING

The information contained in this email message is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged information. It may also be subject to the provisions of section 50 of the Policing Act 2008, which creates an offence to have unlawful possession of Police property. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or have received this message in error, you must not peruse, use, distribute or copy this message or any of its contents.

Also note, the views expressed in this message may not necessarily reflect those of the New Zealand Police. If you have received this message in error, please email or telephone the sender immediately

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

If you want to ignore selections in Owner/Investors, it can be done within the set expression:

sum({1<[Stock]={'Stock 1','Stock 3'}, [Owner/Investors]=>} Amount)

PP_12
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for this. Will this just be another column in my table? How would the expression be when I don't have stock or amount. Apologies not too sure where to place investmentId and owner/investor. 

My only other question is there a way to still the list filtering to linked owners despite selecting a person?