Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P_S
Partner - Contributor III

Is it possible to using Qlik Sense with Tableau?

If the company already have Tableau is there any possible way to use it with Qlik Sense (like connect or link to each other)? And if that possible which area should this two BI tools working together? Or using Tableau dashboard in Qlik Sense without recreate all dashboard over again.

4 Replies
nikhil_deokar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

No, It is not possible to use Qliksense with tableau.
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm not very familiar with Tableau, but it offers some kind of API for interacting. If these APIs are somewhere similar to what Qlik offers in Qlik Sense then you might be able to create a mashup containing both QS and T elements. 

https://www.tableau.com/developer/embedded-analytics

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2019/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/Sense_Mashups/mashup...

RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi... interesting question 🙂

I know of people who are forced by the company standard to use Tableau for visualizations. But since the data preparation options are so bad in it, they just use Qlik Sense Desktop to extract, transform and test source data (about 80% of real BI work), also aggregate (as Tableau has inferior performance), store it into TXT files and then load it to Tableau to create some fancy charts. The real problem that thay cannot solve is that Tableau does not have associative experience out-of-the-box.

So (1) data prep and (2) query performance on 10+M datasets is where Qlik really outperforms.

As for integration, I do not know of any extension for Tableau objects to Qlik Sense but it does have a JavaScript API so I guess it is doable. And it surely can be combined in a mashup.

But I guess there are more problems than value = no associative experience, lower performance of Tableau objects, higher admin costs...

-RADO-

P_S
Author

Thank you all your reply. From your answers I think it would be better to redesign all the dashboard in Qlik Sense than transform it.