Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a faster way to execute the data load script?

I really like Qlik Sense so far, especially the Cloud feature.

One thing I find a bit cumbersome: Say I have already opened up an app, and am looking at a sheet, but decide I want to re-load my data.

To do so, it seems that I have to:

1) Select Main menu -> Data Load Editor (this closes my sheet)

2) Select "Load Data"

3) Close the Data Load Editor

4) Select my application from the hub

5) Re-open the sheet I was originally viewing

It would be much easier if I could just hit a "Re-load Data" button directly from my sheet. Alternatively, having to close the sheet, re-load the data, and then re-open the sheet wouldn't be too bad.

I see the "Quick Data Load" feature, but that prompts me to open a file. Not what I'm looking for- I'm looking to re-run my load script.

Perhaps I'm missing something simple?

Thanks,

Zak

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Where you select the "Data Load Editor" from the menu, use the icon to the right of the menu option. This opens the Data Load Editor in a separate window. This then means you can swap between your editing window and the data load windows very quickly and easily. So you will always have quick access to the "Load Data" button.

You can even pull out the Data Load tab to a totally new window which you can have on a second desktop or similar so the "Data Load" button is always visible and usable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Where you select the "Data Load Editor" from the menu, use the icon to the right of the menu option. This opens the Data Load Editor in a separate window. This then means you can swap between your editing window and the data load windows very quickly and easily. So you will always have quick access to the "Load Data" button.

You can even pull out the Data Load tab to a totally new window which you can have on a second desktop or similar so the "Data Load" button is always visible and usable.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tim,

That's great, I had not noticed that icon.

That's 80% streamlined- 100% would be a single option to simply execute the load script. I seem to remember that QlikView had that feature.

Thanks!

-Zak