Does anyone know, or can anyone explain, how the Auto Save works in Qlik Sense?
After seeing users lose dashboard work I want to know when/how is it triggered?
If there's no 'save' button any longer I need to be able to reassure them that Qlik is saving properly.
Settings? QMC? where/how do I find this? Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old.
Thank you so much!
It's a setting in the QMC. You can make it faster or slower. Users can still press CTRL + S, you will see in the lower right corner that is says: Saving.. and then: All changes are saved.
Thank you Jordy.
Our QMC seems to be set to save every 30 seconds (each engine we have set up). I'm still wondering how my user lost 2 hours of work - the way he describes it, he was working on a dashboard (personal stream copy) and it's like it reset. Our power users do not have access to the Data Load Editor, but they can create dashboards. CTRL + S works fine from the Data Load Editor but not when you working on a sheet.
I tried CTRL + S but that pops up the windows save and act like I'm trying to save an HTML file instead of a Qlik file. Do I have to make changes to our set up to get that to work? Is there another trick to it?
Thank you again for your help.
Same problem. I just lost half a day of hard work due to this. Very frustrating and embarrassing. I'm resorting to having the script open in another tab to manually go press CTL+S. Absolutely demotivating. How embarrassing for Qlik for not having a better solution to this.
We just had the same thing happen to someone as well. It's never happened before but now we are starting to see it. We do have things set to AutoSave every 30 sec and have multi-node environment. More users are starting to develop as well.
Looks like our problem was solved. First let me note that this was happening in a multi node environment and the users were making changes to visualizations and then walking away to go to lunch or a meeting but never left the app. They were not in the load script.
Turns out that the connection to the postgres DB on the server was timing out. Extending the timeout for this connection looks to have solved the issue - but I imagine it could still happen if a user was in there for an extremely long time. Also in a multi-node environment it is possible for nodes to lose connection on their own, however once restored the changes reappear.
Hope this helps someone else.
Glad for you that your problem was solved.
But it looks a little bit more like a bandaid rather than an issue that Qlik should address seriously.
For us, We are still waiting for an answer from our retail.