Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crichter14
Creator
Creator

Is there a problem with Auto Save function in Qlik Sense?

Does anyone know, or can anyone explain, how the Auto Save works in Qlik Sense? 

After seeing users lose dashboard work I want to know when/how is it triggered? 

If there's no 'save' button any longer I need to be able to reassure them that Qlik is saving properly.

Settings?  QMC?  where/how do I find this?  Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old.

Thank you so much!

Cheryl

Labels (3)
8 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Crichter,

Check this link: https://help.qlik.com/nl-NL/sense/February2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/engine...

It's a setting in the QMC. You can make it faster or slower. Users can still press CTRL + S, you will see in the lower right corner that is says: Saving.. and then: All changes are saved.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

if all of sudden shutdown happened what will be the case?  it will be also autosaved?

crichter14
Creator
Creator
Author

@JordyWegman 

Thank you Jordy. 

Our QMC seems to be set to save every 30 seconds (each engine we have set up).  I'm still wondering how my user lost 2 hours of work - the way he describes it, he was working on a dashboard (personal stream copy) and it's like it reset.  Our power users do not have access to the Data Load Editor, but they can create dashboards.  CTRL + S works fine from the Data Load Editor but not when you working on a sheet.

I tried CTRL + S but that pops up the windows save and act like I'm trying to save an HTML file instead of a Qlik file.  Do I have to make changes to our set up to get that to work?  Is there another trick to it?

Thank you again for your help.

Cheryl

PhilipMertin
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Same problem. I just lost half a day of hard work due to this. Very frustrating and embarrassing. I'm resorting to having the script open in another tab to manually go press CTL+S. Absolutely demotivating. How embarrassing for Qlik for not having a better solution to this.

lashworth
Luminary
Luminary

We just had the same thing happen to someone as well. It's never happened before but now we are starting to see it. We do have things set to AutoSave every 30 sec and have multi-node environment. More users are starting to develop as well.

sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II

Had the same problem yesterday .

Lost Half a day of very complicated sheet.

Frustrating, waste of time and money. 😡

This bug lasted at least since 2018 as far as I can recall.

lashworth
Luminary
Luminary

Looks like our problem was solved.  First let me note that this was happening in a multi node environment and the users were making changes to visualizations and then walking away to go to lunch or a meeting but never left the app. They were not in the load script.

Turns out that the connection to the postgres DB on the server was timing out. Extending the timeout for this connection looks to have solved the issue - but I imagine it could still happen if a user was in there for an extremely long time. Also in a multi-node environment it is possible for nodes to lose connection on their own, however once restored the changes reappear. 

Hope this helps someone else.

sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II

Glad for you that your problem was solved. 

But it looks a little bit more like a bandaid rather than an issue that Qlik should address seriously.

For us, We are still waiting for an answer from our retail.