Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Is there a way to automate the load of data in qlik sense with a button

Hi all,

I would be utmost thankfull, if you could me help to create a button in qlik sense that enable me to refresh or reload the data from a legacy file, csv or xls etc. whenewer the file gets updated?

1. How do I create a button , is there a built in function?

2. How to automate it with the process of loading from an updated external file, by pressing the button?

Thx in advance!!!

regards,

Rustam 

3 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Is there a way to automate the load of data in qlik sense with a button

Hello Rustam,

Are you using Qlik Sense Desktop or Server?

Qlik Sense Server - has a task scheduler which will allow you to do this on a scheduled basis that you define.

Qlik Sense Desktop - does not have this capability - however with both products it MAY be possible to do this with extension objects and our API - however the work to do so, MAY not be worth investing. If you are still interested you might want to take a look at the following:

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Not applicable

Hi Mike,

Tx for Reply, I am using the Desktop version,

But why do you say that it is not worth investing to elaborate on that?

regards,

Rustam

p.s. I have not read the threads you send, are there some solutions,

Employee
Employee

Hi Rustam

It depends on your skill and the means in which one would program this type of functionality. I am not aware of any solutions that have been implemented for Qlik Sense Desktop.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik