Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odassier
Creator II
Creator II

Is there a way to display multiple values as a single measure?

Hi all,

Say my data has a dimension column as People's names, the next three columns are measures about these people, say Height, Weight, and Age.  Can I display as a single measure a KPI that shows the three statistics on one measure?

What I want is: "Jon Doe: 6'3", 180 pounds, 45"

To make it more interesting, I'm trying to use the Marquee_Vizplum extension to display this information about each person as a rolling ticker.  I'm stuck with being only able to display one statistic.

Thank you,

Olivier

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Go to measures and build them by using "&" and single quotes ' to put any text/string in between

for example

sum(Weight) & ' pounds, ' & sum(Height)

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kristof_j
Creator III
Creator III

Something like this?

= DimName & ': ' & DimHeight & ', ' & DimWeight & ' pounds, ' & DimNo4

I don't know Marquee_Vizplum extension so I don't know if it will work.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Go to measures and build them by using "&" and single quotes ' to put any text/string in between

for example

sum(Weight) & ' pounds, ' & sum(Height)

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Lech, that worked.  Only thing is that the number formatting for the value no longer works so I need to include the formatting in the expression for each measure.

Olivier

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes, that is correct

so the number formatting you can achieve by using num() function:

num(sum(Weight),'format') & ' pounds, ' & num(sum(Height),'format')

details here:

Num - script and chart function ‒ Qlik Sense

odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, I was able to make it work.

Thanks a lot.