cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulsud007
Creator
Creator

Is there any issue with the E() and P() in qliksense

Hi All, I would like to use my qlikview expressions in qlik sense.

I am using the following expression in qlikview and qliksense.

Sum({<Fin_Year_Set= {'$(=vmaxyear-1)'}, phoneno= e({<sales={'>0'}, Fin_Year_Set = {'$(= vmaxyear)'}>}) >} sales)

That is I would like to get previous year sales, but I want to exclude those phone no who have purchased in the current year.

The expression is perfectly working in qlikview, but not in qliksense with the same data set. In all expressions, everything is working fine apart from p() and e().

Please help.

Regards

Rahul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

They should work exactly the same. Except for one thing...

The recent versions of Qlik Sense and of QlikView are enforcing much more strict and correct use of quotation characters when it comes to literal strings versus search strings in Set Expressions.

In a search string like your e('>0') you should and must use e(">0"). Older versions of both QV and QS didn't mind this and did the search anyway - even if you use the single quotation marks. This is not the case any more.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

They should work exactly the same. Except for one thing...

The recent versions of Qlik Sense and of QlikView are enforcing much more strict and correct use of quotation characters when it comes to literal strings versus search strings in Set Expressions.

In a search string like your e('>0') you should and must use e(">0"). Older versions of both QV and QS didn't mind this and did the search anyway - even if you use the single quotation marks. This is not the case any more.

rahulsud007
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Peter, that is the reason. I needed to add  e(">0") instead  of e('>0'). thanks a lot.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're welcome - happy to help

Kejti
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

anybody knows if the p() function exists in qlik sense?

I use e() and it works good. But p() is not even highlighted with blue as a function .... 😞