Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaithiOK21
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is there some list of the administrative regions that Sense recognises?

Hi,

I'm trying to plot information on a map of my country (Ireland) but it doesn't recognise the county Dublin as a county to put on the map (see attached image). This seems odd as it's the county where the capital is located. It may be fairly common for Co.Dublin to be broken into different administrative regions in applications such as this (Dublin North, Dublin South) for example. 

My problem is I can't seem to find whatever list Sense works off and therefore have no idea what to change 'Dublin' to in my dataset so it can be plotted. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

South Dublin is one region, I'm not 100% sure of the others, but you are on the right track as it is some sort of administrative areas, i think Fingal is another.

There is a way to see the list of subdivisions in sense but I dont have it in front of me and dont recall it now.

Edit, its South Dublin, Fingal, Dublin City and Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown

View solution in original post

7 Replies
LukaszJackiewicz
Contributor II
Contributor II

In the Qlik folder you should have a hidden folder \Qlik\DataPrepService\src\geo with all csv/qvd containing geo information.

DaithiOK21
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi thanks for your reply,

I actually don't have that hidden folder in my file structure for some reason. Is it possible that you can share it with me?

tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

South Dublin is one region, I'm not 100% sure of the others, but you are on the right track as it is some sort of administrative areas, i think Fingal is another.

There is a way to see the list of subdivisions in sense but I dont have it in front of me and dont recall it now.

Edit, its South Dublin, Fingal, Dublin City and Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown

DaithiOK21
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Oh amazing. Thanks so much. Out of curiosity where did you find the list?

I have a lot of manual mapping ahead of me it seems.

tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Ireland

Local government gives the official divisions.
I couldn't find the divisions in the geo folder.

We have just used a map for Dublin to South Dublin for display purposes as its sufficient for our purposes
DaithiOK21
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This has been a great help thanks very much. It's interesting that they choose to subdivide Dublin but yet Cork County and Cork city are deemed the same administrative region. Doesn't seem to be a very consistent approach.

Thanks again

tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

They are different, Both Cork City and Galway City are both in there separate, just small areas so easily overlooked. An easier way to see those blanks would be useful!