Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louisdch
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue on Custom Admin Role

Hi All,

I have created an new admin role but found that it fails to reload the app (app with other owner), export the apps and only able to publish app to "Everyone" Stream.

May i know how to set the condition so that it could reload the app (app with other owner), export the apps and publish the apps to specific stream?

Please kindly find the attachment with security rule setting.

Thanks  a lot.

Best Regards,

Louis

3 Replies
louisdch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Anyone with experience on it??

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

With those rules, I am able to:

• Export apps in the Everyone stream
  • Reload apps in the Everyone stream
  • Publish to the Everyone Stream

* Technically I can do it for several streams but that's because I have stream rules granting everyone access to those other streams

There is one big embedded assumption here though:

• Both CIT_App_Read and CIT_App_Edit have conditions which limit the scope of the resources they apply to (resource.app.stream.@Country = user.@Country)
    • This means that the Everyone Stream needs a value for the Custom Property Country which matches the Country value for the user.

Other notes:

• Also CITQmcSections was changed to apply to the user.role rather than just ((user.@Company="CIT"))
  • It seems a bit silly to allow users the ability to create tasks but not see the tasks section (e.g. changing the filter in CITQmcSections to QmcSection_App,QmcSection_Task*
  • The Excel doc has double quotes ("") throughout which needs to be swapped with single quotes (") to form a valid condition
louisdch
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Leviturner,

thanks you for reply.

I would like to publish app to other streams instead of only "Everyone".

I have set the custom property @Country to those stream but it still fail.

Besides, it prompts error "Illegal character found ('')" when i try to use single quote.

Best Regards,

Louis