Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adutta21
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Issue with NPrinting on Demand reports

Hi All,

We are facing an issue with NPrinting On demand report generation using On Demand App. The extension works fine when NPrinting server is logged in browser. as an when we are logging out from NPrinting, the on demand report generation is not happening.

Is this something related to NPrinting setup, or this is usual behaviour of On Demand extension.

Thanks

Angshuk

13 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I just set this up on my system and it is working perfectly.

Can you give me more details on what you have setup and how you are going about it?

ramyasaiqv
Creator II
Creator II

I'm having exactly the same issue, are you able to resolve this issue? Thank you

Ramya

rittermd
Master
Master

Did you resolve this?

If not please answer my question and I will try to help you.

I have this working fine on my system.

adutta21
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

No Mark. Its not yet resolved. The issue is happening when we are explicitly logging out of NPrinting portal and trying to do an export from ondemand app.

rittermd
Master
Master

Need to clarify.

You are trying to print from a QS On Demand App?  Not a regular app?

I have it working in a regular app from the hub without logging into NPrinting.  But I have not created an On Demand app yet.  So I can't say how that will or will not work.

I would think that it would work the same.  When you use the extension to do the On Demand printing you have to specify the NPrinting server in the setup.  And that is how it knows to connect and which app and report to use. 

ramyasaiqv
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting on demand issue.PNG 

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the response. No, it’s not resolved yet.  As angshuk, mentioned when we login to NPrinting web console/portal either with Windows authentication or Nprtinting authentication and try to generate on demand reports it works fine.  But if we log out of the Nprtinting portal and try to generate the reports get’s “failed to get data from external source” error. Also, If we don’t delete the cookies and browsing history it works.

Ramya

manuele_silvest
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Same problem. If i log in to the NPrinting Portal all is ok, otherwise it will not works..

parth453
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Anyone got this resolved? Facing the same issue here.

Parth

idogridish2
Creator II
Creator II

you need to have a valid certificate on Nprinting server,
check this:
if you will log in to nprinting through the qlik sense server browser and pass over the security notification you can select an app with the button.

Ido.