Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Uploads getting stuck in the virus scanner. We are investigating.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Issue with conditional formatting

Hi,

I`ve come across following conditional formatting issue in Qlik, and I am stuck with resolving it, maybe you know how to fix it? Here are the conditions I am using:

a. Table containing 1 Dimension and 5 Metrics - visualizing data in table format

b. For conditional formatting I am using following syntax:  if(rank(count(xxxxxx)) < 4, rgb(204, 255, 204))

This set up works fine and TOP 3 is always marked with respective colors. 

HOWEVER - after adding additional column with text only : =if(url='www.abc.html','2020-01-21 - Example','To be updated') conditional formatting goes crazy and instead of marking TOP 3 it marks all columns in table

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Regards

Rafal

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Highlighted

since you need two different values qlik must read that as 2 different values. For that, you may use like. But not really sure, how come Colors and strings are together if you need 2 expression's as single 🙂

if(Match(url, 'www.abc.html', '2020-01-21 - Example'), 'To be updated')

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Highlighted
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

it came out to be pretty simple to resolve it

=if(rank(total count(metric),3,0) < 4, rgb(204, 255, 204))

added two parameters according to Rank function definition - now it works fine - i.e. rank is based on total of single column