Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue with filters in case of multiple data files.

I have three different data files of Revenue ,Cost and Efforts.>

The column of revenue and Cost are same- Something like this.

QuarterFinancial YearClient GeographyAmount Invoice CurrencyAmount INRAmount in CCAmount INR at Beacon RateAmount USDAmount USD at Beacon RateEnd Customer NameGroup ClientProject Location Wrt CorporateService LineIOUSub IOUTagMapped Customer NameShortNameBand

and Effort data table looks like

QuarterFinancial YearClient GeographyService LineEnd Customer NameGroup ClientProject Location Wrt CorporateSub IOUIOUSum of Allocation Effort(Hrs)Sum of Allocation Effort(Months)TagMapped Customer NameShortNameBand

All three excels are having data for same period.

The problem that I am facing is during visualization is If am using columns from two diff datafiles the filters are not working.

So If I want to put a filter of Client Geography. I have to put three diff filters for all three tables. Then only its working

Please help.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try concatenating the data from the three files into one table using the CONATENATE keyword. Then you'll have only one Client Geography field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

That will affect my calculation, as I need filter based on not only Geography,  but also IOU,Sub IOU etc

And regarding Concatenate ,these three are different files only so how to use concatenate, In Data Editor ???

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you need to use selections in IOU and other fields then merely make sure that the names of the fields that should be used to link the three tables have the same names in all three tables. A synthetic key will be created to link the tables so perhaps you'll want to replace the synthetic key with a new key to a link table that will have all the original values from the common fields of the three tables. See this blog post: Concatenate vs Link Table

Concatenating tables can be done in the Data Manager or in the Data Editor.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand