Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with the default filters and their graphs

Hi Guys

Situation: I have to keep the first two plots, regardless of the selection users make, from the rest of the bars. eg when user select the third graph for drilldown/selection, graph should display 1+2 & the 3rd one or any other that he has selected, keeping 1 & 2 on always.

Using expression, I could manage to keep the 1& 2 bars there always, but when the selection is made, the first two graphs are getting grayed out for some reason.

I can see that somehow the dimension determining color, is not getting assigned properly as highlighted in screen 2 & 3, whereas i can see it getting populated in header of tool tip.

The expression, i am using on reported total is:

if(getselectedcount([Name])=0,Sum([Amount]),Sum({$<[Name]+={L2,L3}>}[Amount]))

where L2 & L3 are name for the first two bars.

Capture3.png

agigliotti zhandos_shotan vegar.lie.arntsen stalwar1 .

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Legend always consider as Legend only. So, For that you need to define as Dimension. Could you please look the dimension or share with us application which holds Mock data

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

loveisfail

Both Name & Account type are set up as dimension only.

I have expression for the measure as:

if(getselectedcount([NAME])=0,Sum([REPORTING_AMOUNT]),Sum({$<[NAME]+={'L2','L3'},[SCHEDULE]+={'L2','L3'}>}[REPORTING_AMOUNT]))

Capture5.png

vegar.lie.arntsenstalwar1agigliotti

I think issue is with value assignment. Coz when initially graph is plotted, I can see L2 & L3 getting their Account types values populated correctly, as shown in initial image, whereas when I make selection, somehow the values for account types are getting screwed up .. not sure why ..

Anil_Babu_Samineni

There is no wrong in your expression, Can you bifurcate your expression into 2 parts and check. Or else I would like to ask Application to test?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

‌ccan you plz advise on how to split the expression ?

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think I've seen this when I tried to use library colors (color by dimension). If I remember correctly I had to switch to auto colors. It was not exactly what I wanted, but still better then grey bars. Try to play with color settings and see if you get a better result.

klrameet
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

juraj.misina Unfortunately, It didn't work for me. I tried using auto colors but still getting the issue. I am have gut feeling that it's coz of the expression.