Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhappiee
Partner - Contributor III

Issue with timestamp date format in Set analysis

Hi

I have an issue with the date format in set expression ,

The issue is

I have a field which consists timestamp in the date field and I just wanted to compare only the date part with a variable inspite of doing it with the whole times stamp i.e from the below example I should use only 6/27/2017 should be compared with the Variable defined

I was unable to find that out a proper solution for that ,so changed the variable to have a timestamp, but this case can go wrong if the timestamp in field has time other than 12:00:00 AM

Field:

ORDER_CLOSED_DATE = 6/27/2017 12:00:00 AM

Variable:

vCurntOrdrclsddate =Timestamp(Timestamp#(today(),'M/D/YYYY')-2,'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT')

Set expression:

if(Ord_Status='Cancelled/Withdrawn',count({<ORDER_CLOSED_DATE={'$(=vCurntOrdrclsddate)'}

,ORDER_PRODUCT={'Full','','-'}

,ORDER_STATUS={'CANCELLED','','-'}>}ORDER_NBR)

Can somebody help me out in getting a resolution for this.

Kind Regards,

Anand.

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use this in the script

LOAD Date(Floor(ORDER_CLOSED_DATE)) as ORDER_CLOSED_DATE

and then this for your variable

vCurntOrdrclsddate = Date(Today()-2)

and finally this

if(Ord_Status='Cancelled/Withdrawn',count({<ORDER_CLOSED_DATE = {'$(=vCurntOrdrclsddate)'}

mhappiee
Author

Hi Sunny

Thanks for the prompt reply

But, I don't want to change the date format in the load script I want it to be done in the set analysis  only

Kind Regards,

Anand.

sunny_talwar

Then may be like this

LOAD TimeStamp(ORDER_CLOSED_DATE) as ORDER_CLOSED_DATE

and then this for your variable

vCurntOrdrclsddate = TimeStamp(Today()-2)

and finally this

if(Ord_Status='Cancelled/Withdrawn',count({<ORDER_CLOSED_DATE = {'$(=vCurntOrdrclsddate)'}

mhappiee
Author

Hi Sunny,

That is what I said I need to change the variable and get a default time stamp to compare, which I have already implemented as said in the question above.

I just want to compare date part with out modifying the script and only in set analysis by extracting date component from the field.

Anand

sunny_talwar

Not entirely sure, but see if this works

if(Ord_Status='Cancelled/Withdrawn',count({<ORDER_CLOSED_DATE = {"=Floor(ORDER_CLOSED_DATE) = vCurntOrdrclsddate"}, ORDER_PRODUCT={'Full','','-'}, ORDER_STATUS={'CANCELLED','','-'}>}ORDER_NBR)

What really help in these times are a sample so that we can look at what exactly you are trying to do...