Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator

Issues restoring a qlik sense site

Hello Qlikers,

I need your help to sort out an issue I'm facing while trying to move my Qlik Sense site on a different server. I've correctly backed up everything (certificates, database, licenses etc.) as suggested. However, when trying to restore the db (as reported in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/November2022/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...) the first command - restore of QSR - is executed successfully but the second one (related to SenseServices) is throwing the following error. Has anyone had to face and solved it? Thanks a lot!  

Brunello

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 11.48.15.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

even though it's not documented well, I've been told the right process is the following

1) After a fresh install before restoring you need to dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres
2) Create a template createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0
3) Then restore

This needs to be done for SenseServices, QSMQ and Licenses individually

Example for SenseServices

dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres SenseServices
createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0 SenseServices
pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -d SenseServices "c:\SenseServices_backup.tar"

This solved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mika_2000
Contributor III
Contributor III

The server you are migrating to has the same hostname as the old qlik server? Or is it a different hostname? Please verify this in the cmd by typing hostname.

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Mika_2000  I managed to have it the same hostname

bmenicucci
Creator
Creator
Author

even though it's not documented well, I've been told the right process is the following

1) After a fresh install before restoring you need to dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres
2) Create a template createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0
3) Then restore

This needs to be done for SenseServices, QSMQ and Licenses individually

Example for SenseServices

dropdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres SenseServices
createdb -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -T template0 SenseServices
pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 4432 -U postgres -d SenseServices "c:\SenseServices_backup.tar"

This solved the issue.