cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanyunyang
Creator III
Creator III

Item and Series Item

Here is part of my data model: Table1 has field Item and Sales , Table2 has field Item and SeriesItem, which represents items within the same series.

model.PNG

In the layout, I have a table chart with fields SeriesItem and Sales. Here's my question: if I select an Item, I want the table show Sales for SeriesItem.

For example, Here's the data in my model:

ex.PNG

So, when selecting Necklace, I want to see in my table chart:

222.PNG

Now in the table chart, I'm using SeriesItem as dimension, Sum({<Item={"$(=SeriesItem)"}>}Sales) as measure. But measure is only valid when one SeriesItem is selected.

How should I modify my function? Any advice helps! Thank you in advance!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think your current model is incorrect. You should fix it instead of mitigating the symptoms. Item in Table 1 cleary means something else then Item in Table 2. That means the Item fields should not have the same name, because if they are then you're telling Qlik Sense that they are the same, which they're not.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Rename Item in Table1 to SeriesItem.

Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II

It has the association so just write Sum(Sales)

it will show the sales value which you selected item.

Regards,

Gopi

wanyunyang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert, thanks for helping, but this is only a part of the original model, renaming will destroy the whole model. Is there a way to do this only in chart expression?

wanyunyang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gopi, thanks for helping. But in this case, it can only show sales for Necklace, which is 100.

77.PNG

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think your current model is incorrect. You should fix it instead of mitigating the symptoms. Item in Table 1 cleary means something else then Item in Table 2. That means the Item fields should not have the same name, because if they are then you're telling Qlik Sense that they are the same, which they're not.