Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miro_kopecky
Contributor III
Contributor III

Join Two Tables

Hello,
I have two QVD files loaded in qlik sense as you can see in the pictures.
I need to join this two tables and sort it by Path (MyPath and MolePath sould be in one column) and it should display words from exact file if Word is the same as MyWord 

For example tables:
MyWord        Word
      aa                  ab
      ba                  cc
      cc                   cd

Final table should look like this:
                          Path                                                                           MyWord                                       Word
cestovny doklad\cest01(cz).jpg                                                     aa                                                  -
cestovny doklad\cest01(cz).jpg                                                       -                                                 ab
cestovny doklad\cest01(cz).jpg                                                     ba                                                  -
cestovny doklad\cest01(cz).jpg                                                     cc                                                cc
cestovny doklad\cest01(cz).jpg                                                      -                                                  cd

I hope you will understand what i am trying to achieve
I dont have much experience with script writing in Qlik so I am asking for help...
Thanks in advance.Bez názvu.pngBez názv.png

Labels (1)
  • Word

3 Replies
skamath1
Creator III
Creator III

If you keep the name of the field to join as same, Qlik will associate them like a left join.

Also you can look at the help on Join 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptPref...

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could simply concatenate the two files:

Data:
LOAD MyPath as Path
	MyWord
FROM ....

Concatenate (Data)
LOAD MolePath as Path,
	Word
FROM ....
Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
miro_kopecky
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

And FROM where should I load MyPath and MyWord ? because MyPath is from table pathfile and MyWord is from table tab_1...