cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II

Join two tables with same columns but different data

I have an excel file uploaded to my Qlik. The file name is “Quality”.

This file reached the limit of 10 M rows (Excel tab limit).

Now I want to add another file named as “Quality 2” with the same columns I had in “Quality 1”, but with the next set of data

How could I combine this two files so that Qlik first reads the data from “Quality 1”, then starts reading the data from “Quality 2”.

I need your suggestions if this is a small function I can write and this would work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe load your first excel file into a Qlik table and then load your second excel file concatenating its data onto you first Qlik table.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/ScriptPrefixes/concatenate.ht...

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe load your first excel file into a Qlik table and then load your second excel file concatenating its data onto you first Qlik table.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/ScriptPrefixes/concatenate.ht...

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I agree with Bill that would be your way to go.  I'd also add an additonal field called Source into your table to id Quality 1 and Quality 2 data sources as this will help you troubleshoot any data quality issues, duplications that might slip in between to the 2 file uploads.

Regards

Andy

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Andy,

Do you mean to add a field called Source for both of my excel files and then default value of this would be Quality 1 for 1st excel file and Quality 2 for 2nd excel file?

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Bill, I will try this once my files are prepared

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You dont need to add it into the excel files themselves just add it onto your load statement as one line.

Something like

'Quality 1' AS Source

for your first load and

'Quality 2' AS Source

for your second.  it will just let you know the source of your data latering on if you run into issues with managing multiple files.

Regards

Andy

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Excellent !!,

I will try it and let you know if the whole thing worked.

Thanks

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

amanjain57
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot guys. It worked

amanjain57
Creator II