Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odassier
Creator II
Creator II

KPI for the latest date using set analysis with If function

Hello fellow Qlikers,

I wonder if someone can help me with this as nothing I've tried seems to work (I get either "0.0%" or "-" each time.

I have two dimension filters, one called "Index" the other "Spread" and daily data for the spreads for all the indices in my app.

When I chose a line chart, I use this expression which works fine: 

if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='SH vs MH',[CSI-300_risk_spreads.SHF-MHF],
if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='SH-S vs SH',[CSI-300_risk_spreads.SHS-SHF],
if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='MH-S vs MH',[CSI-300_risk_spreads.MHS-MHF],
if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='SH-S vs MH-S',[CSI-300_risk_spreads.SHS-MHS]))))

the line chart changes depending on which index I select, or which spread and shows me the data for the date selection I chose in the date filter.

Now I want to have a KPI object above the chart showing the latest value for the selected spread.  So, I thought of using set analysis like this:

if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='SH vs MH',Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>}[CSI-300_risk_spreads.SHF-MHF]),
if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='SH-S vs SH',Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>}[CSI-300_risk_spreads.SHS-SHF]),
if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='MH-S vs MH',Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>}[CSI-300_risk_spreads.MHS-MHF]),
if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='SH-S vs MH-S',Sum({<Date={'$(=max(Date))'}>}[CSI-300_risk_spreads.SHS-MHS])))))

But it gives me "0.0%"

Any idea what I am doing wrong in this expression?

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Perhaps there is no data at the maximum possible value of Date. Does Date have a time component?

Alternatively, you may need to add a Date() format inside the set expression. if the Date field is formatted with the default Date format:

Sum({<Date={'$(=Date(max(Date)))'}>}....

or

Sum({<Date={"$(=Date(max(Date)), 'YYYY/MM/DD')"}>}....

if the date format needs to be (for example) yyyy/mm/dd.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Jontydkpi,

Thanks for helping.  I checked that there is indeed data for the max date (for all the indices). My date follows the usual format (i.e. I am using the autoCalendar data in other places and it works fine).  I tried replacing my set analysis expression with your but got the same results (i.e. "0.0%" instead of the "1.6%" I'm looking for and which shows up in other places (i.e. tables and charts).  It seems it is the set analysis with the if function that might be the problem?

Olivier

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Have you checked to see if max(Date) returns the date you're expecting? Because if you've got a calendar that covers, for example, the entirety of 2018, max(Date) might be 31-12-2018, even though max(Date) in your data table would be something like 4-12-2018. In that case the sum for max(Date) would be 0.0%.

EDIT: Actually, have you tried {"$(=max(Date))"} (double quotes instead of single quotes)?

odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Jens,

Yes, Max(Date) does return Nov 30th as expected and I tried with double quotes as you suggested but got the same result (i.e. "0.0%" instead of "1.6%" for that date.).  IN fact, I get "0.0%" even if I chose an earlier date (e.g. max(date)-5").

Cheers,

odassier
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Okay, I found an old post with a solution by Sunny (https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/Display-latest-value-using-last-date/m-p/8450#M2080) that seems to work for this case.

if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='SH vs MH',FirstSortedValue([CSI-300_risk_spreads.SHF-MHF], -Date),
if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='SH-S vs SH',FirstSortedValue([CSI-300_risk_spreads.SHS-SHF], -Date),
if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='MH-S vs MH',FirstSortedValue([CSI-300_risk_spreads.MHS-MHF], -Date),
if(Index='CSI-300' and Spread='SH-S vs MH-S',FirstSortedValue([CSI-300_risk_spreads.SHS-MHS], -Date)))))

For now this works but let me know if there is a more elegant solution using set analysis.

Olivier