Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Worker_Bee
Contributor II
Contributor II

KPI for the percent of names appearing in a column 2 or more times

I am trying to write a script or chart function that would display a percentage in a KPI for the percent of people on the below list appearing 2 or more times. I attempted to write a function for it, but could only get it to return yes or no when satisfying the criteria. 

Worker_Bee_0-1658778788812.png

Labels (1)
6 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

if the challenge is to report only those that have counts >=2,  you can use this in your set analysis
{<Name={"=count(Name)>=2"}>}

the following picture shows individual counts and their %, and similar table but only for counts > 2 

edwin_0-1658780418872.png

Worker_Bee
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your assistance! This was extremely helpful. We needed the percentage of distinct names that met the criteria and your set expression lead us to that, so thank you!

Do you know how would we modify the set expression to show us the percentage on a monthly basis with a line chart?

edwin
Master II
Master II

if your data has the month field, you dont need to modify the expression.  add the month as your dimension in your line chart, add the expression as your measure.  it will make the calculation per month.

but this means it will do the count only for those with names showing up 2 or more times PER month

ssssssss88888888
Contributor II
Contributor II

thank you very much Edwin and Worker_Bee! This is really useful as a beginner. Suppose I wanted my set expression to calculate whether the condition of the name appearing more than two times was satisfied, and this condition used the full calendar year  - I don't want the count to calculate this condition being satisfied per month, but on a yearly basis. How would the expression be modified to accomplish this? Really appreciate your expertise, Edwin!

Worker_Bee
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Still having difficulties here for some reason. I have added the date to the line chart visualization as dimension with the measure as name with the chart expression: 

Count({<Name={"=count(Name)>=2"}>}Distinct Name)/Count(total Distinct Name)

It produces:

Worker_Bee_0-1659383390895.png

I am looking for the y-axis to be the percentage of people who have satisfied the >=2 criteria as the year goes on, with months being the x-axis.

edwin
Master II
Master II

since you apparently have sparce data, a line chart may not be the best visual, try using a bar chart.

is the calculation incorrect?