Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

KPI results in " - "

I'm trying to calculate the percentage hours toward monthly goal.  Separately, I've confirmed that my numerator and denominator give me the desired results, but when I try to divide the numerator by the denominator, I get " - " in my KPI.  The calculation is:

Sum(if(BUDGET_MONTH_CAL=MONTH(TODAY()),duration/60)))/if(BUDGET_MONTH_CAL=MONTH(TODAY()), BUDGET_AMT_PROG)

Should I be calculating this percentage?

Tags (1)
12 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: KPI results in " - "

May be try this:

Sum({<BUDGET_MONTH_CAL = {"$(=Month(Today()))"}>} duration/60)/Only({<BUDGET_MONTH_CAL = {"$(=Month(Today()))"}>} BUDGET_AMT_PROG)

Not applicable

Hi Sunny - Thank you very much for responding.  Unfortunately, same result, though.

MVP
MVP

What values do you get for them individually? Is it a very small number divided by a huge number? (10/10000?) May be we just need to format it correctly to view it.

Not applicable

Current numbers are 195 / 925.  I have the formatting set to custom at ##%.

balrajahlawat
Esteemed Contributor

try like this?

num((Sum({<BUDGET_MONTH_CAL={'=$(=MONTH(TODAY()))'}>} duration)/60)

/

Sum({<BUDGET_MONTH_CAL={'=$(=MONTH(TODAY()))'}>} BUDGET_AMT_PROG)),'#,##0%')

Note: Make sure BUDGET_MONTH_CAL should have numeric value as Month() will return 1,2,3,4 etc

Not applicable

Hi Balraj - No luck with that.  One thing I did just test is if I entered the actual value for the denominator vs. the calculated numerator and vice versa.

If I enter the actual numerator and calc the denominator, I get "-".

If I calc the numerator and enter the actual denominator, I get the desired results.

Not sure if that means anything.

MVP
MVP

Can you change the formatting to regular number formatting and see if you see 0.21

balrajahlawat
Esteemed Contributor

It means your actual denominator part of expression is not working?

Not applicable

It's not working when I combine it with the numerator, but when each of them stands alone, they are fine.