Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joerg_Linder
Contributor II
Contributor II

Keep one attribute fixed

Dear all,

In my data I have 10 manufacturers selling 5 types of products. I would like to see one manufacturer compared to the whole market. I can of course look at the whole market and then filter the manufacturer and afterwards compare the two results. However is there any way how I can fix that one specific manufacturer's values are always shown despite him not being selected in the filter? So in a sense I would like the system not to filter on this automatically (although I select only one product of the 5 types I would like that the value of the manufacturer change as well).

Can anybody help me here?

Jörg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Let's  say that your expression is sum(Sales)  ----> It will give us sales for all

Sum({<Manufacturer_field={'Manu_facturer_name'}>}Sales)  -> sales for the manufacturer written in single quotes

In the above example replace your field with Manufacturer_field and name of the manufaturer with Manu_facturer_name.

Let me know if this is not understandable.

Learning never stops.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Let's  say that your expression is sum(Sales)  ----> It will give us sales for all

Sum({<Manufacturer_field={'Manu_facturer_name'}>}Sales)  -> sales for the manufacturer written in single quotes

In the above example replace your field with Manufacturer_field and name of the manufaturer with Manu_facturer_name.

Let me know if this is not understandable.

Learning never stops.
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share some sample data with expected output please?
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Joerg_Linder
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Dear Pradosh,

great, thank you. Works very well:-)

Also thanks to Vegar: That example also helped me.

Regards

Jörg

Joerg_Linder
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar,

I have tried to copy your solution for fixed total values of all manufacturers. However it does not want to work with me. What symbol do you exactly use to lock all manufacturers?

I would like to calculate the market share of each manufacturer so manufacturer sales/ total market sales

Thank you

Jörg

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I used star

sum({<Manufacturer={'*'}>}Amount)
Joerg_Linder
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Veghar,

I have tried the star but it did not work,

here is the formula: 

=sum({<[Main Manufacturer]={'*'}>}[Sales 2018]) 

No values are given in the graph. If I specify the name of the manufacturer it works fine. Any idea why the star is not working? Alternatives?

Thank you

Jörg