Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priya2
Partner - Contributor III

Keyword Search

Hi,

I am trying to find exact keyword in description field to do the categorization of tickets.

Example:

TICKET:

ID Desc
1 Duplicate id call has been created
2 Technically Resolved 
3 Disk Clean up to be done
4 My Laptop is(hostname):"HTTFFV"  not rebooting

KEY : 

Key Category
Laptop Laptop
Clean Disk
Closed Closed Call
Duplicate Duplicate

Output: 

ID Desc Category
1 Duplicate id call has been created Duplicate
2 Call id :- 11 Technically closed Calls
3 D drive Clean up to be done Drive
4 My Laptop is(hostname):"HTTFFV"  not rebooting Laptop

I tried with pick along with wildmatch but its not working as per expected output. Kindly supporting finding the exact keyword from field.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Something along the lines of:

Pick(WildMatch(Desc,'*Laptop*','*Clean*','*Closed*','*Duplicate*'),'Laptop','Disk','Closed Call','Duplicate') as Category

priya2
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

In my table, in the description i have two keyword string, in that case how the wildmatch will work.

Example, i have description like "Laptop.Disk Space Issue.Disk Space Issue"  and  i have a keyword as 'Laptop and disk also but i wanted to pick only disk as key in this scenario. So how the wildmatch will be applied here.

Or
MVP
MVP

Wildmatch will stop at the first match, so the order you place your keywords in will determine which one gets picked.

priya2
Author

Hi,

This is the sample i have shared but in actual scenario we have n number of keywords and with need to categorize the tickets which is based on ITSM tool.  So in that case making it in order will not give us solution.

Please suggest if any other solution to find the keyword.

Or
MVP
MVP

For a more robust solution, albeit a slower one, you could try the approach suggested here...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Left-Join-of-2-tables-with-a-partial-string-match/m-p...