Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Label on a calculated dimension

Hello!

I can not find a way to put a label on a calculated dimension. My dimension, which is a text string that is calculated according to the following formula:

If(Right(Aktivitetsbeskrivning, Len(Aktivitetsbeskrivning) - 5) <> 'Projektaktivitet', Aktivitetsbeskrivning, Null())

Now it is not possible to put a label on the calculated dimension (se enclosed image). This string operation could of course be executed in the script instead by creating a new field with the calculated value.

Screen Shot 08-26-14 at 12.46 PM.PNG.png

Is it possible to label a calculated dimension in QlikSense?

Thanks.

Jens

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jens - did you try just typing over it? - that very light-grey text is just a placeholder, it is more of a background to show what the default value will be unless you type over it - it is not meant to be selected with the mouse. You should be able to click in the box and start typing over it. Let me know if that works,

If that does not work, then try this:

I am trying to determine if it is the Desktop interface that might be causing the problem.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jens,

When you click and type in the box what happens? I am able to label this.

8-26-2014 8-55-08 AM.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael!

Thanks for your reply.

The "cursor" gets stuck to the very left in the "Label" box. When I try to move it or mark the text with the mouse pointer or any arrow key, nothing happens. It is still stuck to the very left in the box. No matter if use just the arrow keys or <Shift> arrow keys.

Text font colour in the "Label" box is also slightly lighter than in the "Field" box and that might indicate that it is not possible to edit that field.

Regards

Jens

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Jens - did you try just typing over it? - that very light-grey text is just a placeholder, it is more of a background to show what the default value will be unless you type over it - it is not meant to be selected with the mouse. You should be able to click in the box and start typing over it. Let me know if that works,

If that does not work, then try this:

I am trying to determine if it is the Desktop interface that might be causing the problem.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

See attached .mp4 video for clarity

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello again!

That worked OK. I don't understand why I didn't try that in the first place.

I have to add a comment on this matter:

It solved the problem just typing over it. But when I tried that again – strangely enough – I had to type a letter at least twice to get rid of the "default text" in the box. After that, everything worked perfect.

Thanks.

Regards

Jens

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Perfect - please mark which reply helped you so we can mark this one as answered.

Have fun with Sense and let us know how else we can help.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik