Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corentin_osker
Contributor
Contributor

Last Month of a quarter

Hello, 

I've noticed an issue in our QS dashboard when we are comparing headcount monthly and quarterly. 

Apparently, when taking monthly value, it is the state of the headcount on the last day of the last month of quarter. 
Hence the 30th of September for Q3. 

But when taking Monthly values, it is apparently the last day of the last week. Which means that if the month finishes in the middle of a week the value we would see would be the Friday of that week even if it's the days of the next months (the 2nd of August for example).

So I've tried to take the monthly value formula to adapt it to quarterly, but it sums all the month of the quarter. 
I think I need to provide a formula that gives the last month of a quarter but I don't know how to do that ?
Any suggestions ? 

num(sum({<Year={"$(=Year(today()))"},Quarter={"$(=ceil(month(today())/3)-1)"},Month=,Week=,SNAPSHT_TYP={'Monthly'}>} [FTE Value]),'#,##0.0;(#,##0.0)')

Labels (3)
1 Reply
sunny_talwar

May be this

Num(Sum({<Year = {"$(=Year(today()))"}, Quarter = {"$(=Ceil(Month(Today())/3)-1)"}, Month = {"$(=Month(Date#(Floor(month(today())/3)*3, 'M')))"}, Week, SNAPSHT_TYP = {'Monthly'}>} [FTE Value]), '#,##0.0;(#,##0.0)')