Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregDavis
Contributor
Contributor

Launch a Story

I am documenting a Sense app using the Story telling feature.

By linking the Chart into the story I can guide the user through the available features, filters, dimensions etc.

with specific reference to the chart, and the values that the user has to hand

Ideally I would like to include a help icon (KPI) in the app which would launch the story specific to the app, because this seems more intuitive than the Story tab

Am I dreaming?

Rgds Greg

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I couldn't see such, but if you can create text and Image object. Then try to open storytelling now. And see how browser link looks. If browser changed to other link that sounds to call using hyperlink. Does it make sense.. make sure, this workaround won't work desktop version.
Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
GregDavis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Loveisfail,
Thank you for your quick reply.
Unfortunately if I use the URL it just takes me to the app overview, not the actual story.
I will work around this by adding instructions to use the Story tab itself.
Regards Greg
Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

From Qlik Sense November 2018, Dashboard bundle visualization extensions are included as an option in the install.

This includes a navigation button that you can use to open a story. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/Dashb...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

@GregDavis I wonder, Why this behave like that. But, I just go back and see how functionality works.. Looks like Story board will generate one link while creating the story. So, I am able to accessing via Link. Aren't you?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
GregDavis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank You for your reply.

It is appropriate that  I am using the "New to Qlik Sense" profile!

I should have mentioned in my question that I am using Qlik Sense Cloud.

When I go to Custom Objects the cupboard is bare.

This looks like the perfect answer otherwise, my apologies for not being more precise with my request.

Regards Greg