Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jananireddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Launch a sheet with a selection made

Hi Guys,

On a sheet load i need a filter to be set as Account Status = 'A' (In this case only active accounts will show). I could do it with a bookmark, but the client does not want to click anything to achieve this. When they open the sheet the filter should be there. Can i load a sheet with a bookmark enabled?

qq.png

Also I tried using this extension Climber selection bar (GitHub - ClimberAB/ClimberSelectionBar: Qlik Sense Extension. Horizontal selection bar with initial ...) But i am not able to set an initial section to it . A screen shot of  this scenario is pasted below.

qq.png

PS: We are using Qlik sense NOV 2017

11 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

jananireddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Andera,

I dont want this extension to be visible, Is there a method to hide it

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or add the condition to the expressions:

=Sum({<[Account Status] = {'A'}>} Amount)

=Count({<[Account Status] = {'A'}>} Distinct CustomerName)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jananireddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Yes this is an easier option ... but the want it as a selection so that they can remove the filter when needed.

jananireddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I found a smiliar extension too, Qlik sense list box

https://github.com/KumarNatarajan/qliksenselistbox

jananireddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

i am still not able to solve this problem

Does anyone know if you filter to a particular selection and save the qvf, then publish the app. Will it still be the default selection when you open the published app??

I have tried this and it does not work in NOV2017

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

sorry i don't understand what's the problem using that extension.

kaanerisen
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Without using extension, it is not possible. But maybe you can do it sth like that by using some expressions.

Check the AccountType field if sth is selected. If it is not show account type='A', else show the current selections.

Sum expression : IF(GetSelectedCount([Account Status])>0,Sum(Amt),Sum({<[Account Status]={'A'}>}Amt))

Text Object Expression : 'Account Status : '&IF(GetSelectedCount([Account Status])>0,GetFieldSelections([Account Status]),'A')

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

You can look into the attached qvf.

Hope it helps.

jananireddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Andrea, That works perfectly for me, but i want to hide it as it is shown as an empty white space

A screeshot of it has been attached below

Untitled.png

Regards,

Janani