Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCANEDO23
Contributor
Contributor

Let statement to create a group of data

Hi, 

Does anyone know if (and if I can, how) I can create a group of Data using Let statment?

The situation is as follows: We have a group of suppliers, what we buy to each supplier is sold in different products, I want to create a group named as the product we sold with the sum data of different suppliers. 

Example: 

When we buy the services from suppliers A, B, C & D we sell to our customer Porduct A. In our Data base we only have info from the supplier, I want to create a group which summarized the info for suppliers A, B, C & D named Product A. So when I select "Product A" I can sum the cost from all of them and visualize it as Product A costs. 

I know that if I create  a variable SET vProductA= 'SupplierA', 'SupplierB', 'SupplierC', 'SupplierD';

I can apply a set analysis on my expression sum({< supplier_name = vProductA>} cost_of_production)

and I will have (for instance)  four lines: Cost supplier A, Cost supplier B, Cost supplier C & Cost supplier D.

Anyway, what I need is to have one line showing (something like): "Cost of product sold A"

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Rcaned,

I don't think what you are trying to do will work. You can create an inline table with the list of your suppliers and a field Product A for each supplier.

Use an ApplyMap to map this to your data and you can have the possibility to select 'Product A'.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Rcaned,

I don't think what you are trying to do will work. You can create an inline table with the list of your suppliers and a field Product A for each supplier.

Use an ApplyMap to map this to your data and you can have the possibility to select 'Product A'.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder