Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holguinmora
Contributor III
Contributor III

Licenses Need to Embedded and Create Mashups

Hi to all!!!!

I will like to start working with Embedded Charts / Graphs with Qlik Sense Desktop. The purpose is to send and update data into clients webpages and intranet portals.

I will like to know what licenses do I need to have and to understand the procedure to be able to embedded and create mash ups for clients.

When I get the link from a graph or table from Qlik sense Desktop do I need another license to be able to embedded this chart or graph into a client page or intra net?

When I get the link from a graph or table from Qlik sense desktop where does the info is store? Do I need to buy or get a different license so once I close the Qlik sense desktop the table or graph remain "active" on the web?

To create mash ups do I need a license different than Qlik Sense Desktop? Is it possible to create those with Qlik sense business cloud?

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is a pretty interesting use case. From my experience, you can handle this two ways. You can purchase a bunch of Analyzer Capacity licenses, which allow anonymous access and they get consumed by each unique user and time spend on the page. Second option is you purchase a Qlik Sense Enterprise core license, which allows unlimited anonymous access and is priced by number of cores used. Keep in mind core will be much more expensive, however with capacity you will have to find a sweet spot of number to buy based on usage.

Either one, will work the same from an embedding standpoint. You provide the client an iframe and they embed it into their website. Only thing you'll need to do is make sure that their website can talk to your server.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev

View solution in original post

treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Zero restriction on that front.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is a pretty interesting use case. From my experience, you can handle this two ways. You can purchase a bunch of Analyzer Capacity licenses, which allow anonymous access and they get consumed by each unique user and time spend on the page. Second option is you purchase a Qlik Sense Enterprise core license, which allows unlimited anonymous access and is priced by number of cores used. Keep in mind core will be much more expensive, however with capacity you will have to find a sweet spot of number to buy based on usage.

Either one, will work the same from an embedding standpoint. You provide the client an iframe and they embed it into their website. Only thing you'll need to do is make sure that their website can talk to your server.

holguinmora
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Treysmithdev thank you very much for your help, the concept is very clear and concise Last question, in terms of number of apps and sheets to share, do you know if Qlik sense enterprise has a restriction?
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Zero restriction on that front.
twales
Contributor III
Contributor III

We are considering Qlik and met with the solutions architect and embedded partner yesterday.  According to them the option to purchase a bunch of analyzers and use them across a domain(anyone) is a loop hole that is being locked down.  So we will purchase a number of licenses, pro and analyzer and then have shared customer access across domain(s) but not exceeding a certain threshold.  Anonymous access will be priced in as opposed to named user.  Even though we are starting with an 8 core node, unlimited users is not an option, that must be a huge figure.