Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III

Limit All Files connection option

Hi all,

When creating an app we have the option "All Files", that usually connect to your local C drive. Since we are running Qlik Sense Enterprise, the "All Files" option now refers to the C drive corresponding with the server where we installed Qlik Sense. We don't want the end users to be able to go through all folders we have on that drive, and only want them to have access to certain paths if the back-end team created this path for them.

Any idea on how I can limit this option for end users?

Thanks in advance,

Stijn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

I think you'll have to manage this directly in the folder by altering its security (right click the folder > properties >security) so that It can be accessed only by few chosen users.

Thus, when some unwatned user try to access to the folder, he will be denied.

Maybe Qlik could manage this, I don't know how; but even if It could; I think It's not the best idea.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OmarBenSalem

I think you'll have to manage this directly in the folder by altering its security (right click the folder > properties >security) so that It can be accessed only by few chosen users.

Thus, when some unwatned user try to access to the folder, he will be denied.

Maybe Qlik could manage this, I don't know how; but even if It could; I think It's not the best idea.

stijnval
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That'll work, thanks!