Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Limit Dimensions to Last 5 Years

I am trying to limit the bars in my chart to only show the last 5 years.

I have coded this set analysis.  But something is off and not working and I am just not seeing it.

Count({$<[Hire_Date_Most_Recent.autoCalendar.Year]={">=$(=vCurrentYear-5)"}>}EmployeeID)

vCurrentYear = 2017

I got this set analysis to work.  But it is not what I ultimately want.

Count({$<[Hire_Date_Most_Recent.autoCalendar.Year] = {">=$(=date(today()-2100))"} >} Employee_ID)

21 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Count({$<[Hire_Date_Most_Recent.autoCalendar.Year]={">=$(=(vCurrentYear)-5)"}>}EmployeeID)

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Nope

I get no errors in the expression builder.  But it is not limited the data in the chart.

sunny_talwar

How do you define vCurrentYear? Can you try vCurrentYear - 5 in a KPI Object to see if it gives you 2012 or 2013

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I actually did that and it returns the year value that I want.

sunny_talwar

Do you have an old version of Qlik Sense or new? I remember people saying a while ago, where they had set analysis issues with auto-generated calendar fields. Wonder if that is the issue here as well

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

sunny_talwar

That doesn't seem too old... not sure... can you share screenshots?

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

As I said in original post this expression works

Count({$<[Hire_Date_Most_Recent.autoCalendar.Year] = {">=$(=date(today()-2100))"} >} Employee_ID)

So I don't think it is an issue with the autoCalendar field or this wouldn't work either.  I would think.

sunny_talwar

You are right.... Can you share your app or screenshots?