Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Limit data when loading in Data Manager

Hi All,

I want to load my data through Data Manager.. is there any way I can limit the data before I load/prepare it? I'm loading huge data coming from my database and I do not want to load all! Is there any way I can filter my data?

Thanks in advance,

Lyn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Limit data when loading in Data Manager

Not in the Data Manager afaik. But I haven't used it a lot yet. Perhaps it's possible to add a WHERE clause when selecting the data source.

In the Date load Editor you can add a line directly above the load statement to limit the number of records that will be loaded:

MyTable:

FIRST 1000

LOAD A, B, C FROM ...;

If you use Debug Mode you can also use the Limited Load setting to restrict the number of records loaded. See the online help for more information: Debug the data load script ‒ Qlik Sense

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
3 Replies

Not in the Data Manager afaik. But I haven't used it a lot yet. Perhaps it's possible to add a WHERE clause when selecting the data source.

In the Date load Editor you can add a line directly above the load statement to limit the number of records that will be loaded:

MyTable:

FIRST 1000

LOAD A, B, C FROM ...;

If you use Debug Mode you can also use the Limited Load setting to restrict the number of records loaded. See the online help for more information: Debug the data load script ‒ Qlik Sense

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
arulsettu
Honored Contributor III

as gwassenaar‌ said  not possible in Data manager. you can do it in data load editor.

Untitled.png

Not applicable

Thanks for the input! arulsettu‌ and gwassenaar