Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breezy
Creator II
Creator II

Limit dropdown menu to one selection (one selected value in Qlik Sense)

Hello,

I have a dropdown menu with ten selections. How do I limit it so my user can only click one selection at a time?

I am using Qlik Sense.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

The only way to do this using native Qlik Sense filters is to mark the field as "Always one selected values" from the Fields section. Note that this means that there will always be a selected value and that selecting multiple / all / no values is not possible.

As an alternative, you can use the object's calculation condition to check if more than one selection has been made on the field in question, and only calculate the object when a single selection has been made (with a message indicating that this is a requirement).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

The only way to do this using native Qlik Sense filters is to mark the field as "Always one selected values" from the Fields section. Note that this means that there will always be a selected value and that selecting multiple / all / no values is not possible.

As an alternative, you can use the object's calculation condition to check if more than one selection has been made on the field in question, and only calculate the object when a single selection has been made (with a message indicating that this is a requirement).

Breezy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes - what you describe is exactly what I'm looking for (always having one selected value). Now I see the field part on the left hand menu when in edit mode. You are fantastic! Thank you.