Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canerkan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Limitation of Rows in simple Table

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to limit the number of rows in a simple Table. Does anyone know how to do that?

Currently I am using an input field extension with a variable, where the user puts in the number of Top Customers he wants to see and the table limits the Dimensions (fixed number in Dimension). The problem is, that there is no way to choose which column should be used to limit the data. So if I have a table like:

Customer | Sales 2018 | Sales 2017 |Sales 2016

The Top Customers are always selected by the Sales of 2018 on default, because it is the first column with values. Therefore the user wont be able to select the Top Customers of 2017 or 2016.

So I thought if I could just limit the number of Rows with my input field, the user could sort the table by the year he wants to see the top customers of.

I hope I was able give you an idea of where I want to go with that

It would be great if someone could help to get this done! Or maybe somebody knows a better/easier way to get there. Every help is appreciatet!

Labels (3)
13 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Check out attached using,

Expression like this:

If(GetSelectedCount(Date)>=1,
If(Rank(Sum({$<Date={"*2018"}>}Sales))<=$(TopCustomer),Sum({$<Date={"*2018"}>}Sales)),
Sum({$<Date={"*2018"}>}Sales))

Show Column:

Sum(Total {$<Date={"*2018"}>}Sales)>0

PFA for Ref.

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
canerkan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Hirish7,

that's great! Thank you very much!! That helped me a lot.

I am just curious, do you think it would be possible without hiding the other columns?

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

You can remove show conditional for all.. expression.
HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
canerkan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Ok, thanks!