Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limited Data availability with Section Access

Hi everybody,

I started to work with QlikSense Enterprise and with Managing Useraccess with Section Access and Section Application.

I got to limit Data on one Variable as desired, but it also Limits Data from other Tables now, which is not wanted.

To make it a little better understandable:

I have 2 Tables, one with the relevant columns "Laufzeit" (Integers, but not continous) and "Bundesland", the second Table has the two relevant Columns "Laufzeit" (as a Link to Table1) and "Laufzeitgesamt", which is a continous count from 1 to max(Laufzeit).

With full Access it works fine, but when i want to limit it, the limitation on "Bundesland" in Table1 transfers to "Laufzeitgesamt" in Table2.

My Useraccess looks like this:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, REDUCTION

ADMIN,Admin1, GRUPPE1

USER,User2, GRUPPE2

];

Section Application;

LOAD * INLINE [

REDUCTION, Bundesland

GRUPPE1, *

GRUPPE2, Bayern

GRUPPE3, Berlin

GRUPPE3, Baden-Württemberg

];

Is there an easy way to limit the Useraccess to just one Table?

8 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Try the code below:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, REDUCTION

ADMIN,ADMIN1,ADMIN1,*,GRUPPE1

USER,USER2,USER2,*, GRUPPE2

];

Section Application;

star is '*';

LOAD * INLINE [

REDUCTION, Bundesland

GRUPPE1, *

GRUPPE2, Bayern

GRUPPE3, Berlin

GRUPPE3, Baden-Württemberg

];

logging in as "User2" you'll see only Bundesland of Bayern.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

the Problem isnt the Useraccess for "Bundesland", that works fine. I need to give complete access to a linked table which is getting limited now with the Useraccess. I want Table2 to show all Data, not only the one limited by the filter in Useraccess

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

ok so you have to unlink Table2 from Table1 and use Set Analysis or If statement in your expressions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The thing is I need the full Table2 and the links to table1 for calculations in the Dashboard. When setting a filter while having full rights it works perfect, but somehow the Useraccess limits the linked Table

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

It simple works as expected.

To achieve what you want you have to break the link between the two tables, else happens what you are saying.

Post the expression you are using in the chart object and I'll try to help you.

Which is the common field between the two tables ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrea,

I try to explain it a little more exact. I want to display a linechart with the Dimension "Laufzeitgesamt", so the continous count from 1 to max(Laufzeit).

The expressions are based on other columns in Table1, called "Amount" and "Terminated".

One expression is the "Terminationquote", displaying basically sum({$<Terminated={"Yes"}>} Amount}/sum( Amount}. This expression should be displayed for both, all data and the filtered data. Naturally this formula only has values linked to "Laufzeit", but not continous.

The other expression is a formula which calculates with the variables "otherTerminationquote" and "Laufzeitgesamt", also for both filtered and total data. I can calculate "otherTerminationquote" for the total data in the Script and for the filtered data in the dashboard and display it with a new dimension "Laufzeitgesamt2" not linked to anything. But of course I cant display "Terminationquote" there (missing link between "Laufzeit" and "Laufzeitgesamt2").

I tried to create a Table with "Laufzeitgesamt3" and do a (left) join, keep or concatenate, but nothing worked.

I need this continous count "Laufzeitgesamt", but the Section Access always declines my wishes...

An Idea would be to copy Table1 without the column "Bundesland" to get the possibility to calculate "Terminationquote" unfiltered, but then there is the problem to link and display all the Data in one Dashboard...

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Matthias,

I guess without a sample app where I can take a look at your data model and UI, I can't help you further.