Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limiting the date as a calculated dimension

Good day!

I have a transaction table in DB and load data from it. In this table all the transactions have its own timestamps (EFFECTIVEDATE) and types (SOURCEKEY). I group them by date using DATE(FLOOR(EFFECTIVEDATE)) function and use this field as a dimension.

Could you please help me to limit dimension by last 10 days and show them in the bar chart?

Regards,

Denis

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response. But with this dimension I don't have any dates listed as a dimensions in my chart. I'd like to see last 10 days on X and count of operations on Y per each day.

Do you have any ideas how I could approach this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, I've had a bit of time to look at this in more depth.

The problem stems from the fact you want to aggregate by date, but have a timestamp value.

In the load script, you can use:

date(floor(EFFECTIVEDATE)) as EFFECTIVEDATE

Which will load EFFECTIVEDATE as a date only and strip the time component out.

This will then mean you can use this as a set analysis modifier in the application.

So in the chart your dimension will be: EFFECTIVEDATE

and you measure will be: Count({$<EFFECTIVEDATE={'>$(=date(max(EFFECTIVEDATE)-10))'}>}[ITRNKEY])

I exported your data into Excel and re-loaded it, and I've attached my qvf to show you how this works.

*Simple way*

If you don't want to edit the script, you could use a calculated dimension of date(floor(EFFECTIVEDATE)) and simply use dimension limits to show only the last 10 days.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

LOAD

date(floor(EFFECTIVEDATE)) as DATE

FROM DataSource;

Count({<DATE={'>=$(=Date(Max(DATE) - 9))<=$(=Date(Max(DATE)))'}>} [ITRNKEY])

Regards,

Jagan.