Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demarest
Contributor III
Contributor III

Line Chart Navigators A Nuisance

Hi,

I read through different forums from several years ago and it seems like this has been a pain point for other QlikSense users with no apparent solution.  I just want someone to correct me if this is not still the case that I have no choice but to busy-up my application with these navigator bars, despite the range of the data being covered in the X-Axis in the graph.  I was spinning my wheels with both a line graph and a combo graph as a line graph trying to get rid of these things with no success. I know I have the option of de-selecting "Continuous" and having every data point labeled on the axis and having the graph rescale so that it is only partially displayed. I like the graphs the way they are, but just want to suppress those unwanted mini-me graphs that show up.

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In my current Sense version (3.1.4), the navigator disappears when the entire range is visible. What version are you on?

-Rob

yasmeenk
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

In the Presentation tab, just try to un-check the "Use Continuous Scale" option.

demarest
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply.

Version is Qlik Sense Desktop 3.1 SR4; qliksensedesktop 10.7.3

I restricted the data to a shorter time series and it does not matter, the little navigator graph shows up

demarest
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Yasmeen,

Thanks for the reply.  I did notice that clicking continuous and the navigator chart disappears.  However, the graph rescales and lables every X-axis point.  I would like to be able to pdf the graphs covering the entire series and I honestly do not need labels for every X-axis point.  I like the graph with continuous checked, I just do not want the navigator charts given that all of the data points on the X-axis are in the chart.  Any other idea?

Thanks!