cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Layer not available on Qlik Sense Desktop

Hi all,

Don't know if i am missing something, but I cannot find the Line Layer functionality for the Map Chart in Qlik Sense.

the only layers available is:

1. area layer
  2. point layer
  3. background layer

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Hi Edward,

Have you checked the help and the current QS versions installed?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/Map/Map.htm

Regards,

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
balabhaskarqlik

Adding a line layer with start and end points

Do the following:

1. Do one of the following:
    • Drag and drop a field containing start point data onto the map, select Add as new layer, and select Add as line layer.
    • From Layers in the properties panel, click Add layer and select Line layer. In Dimensions, click Add and select a field to use as the dimension.
  2. If your dimension contains start point data, add a field containing end point data. Do one of the following: 
    • Drag and drop a field containing end point data onto the map, select Use in <layer name>, and select Add <field name> as a second dimension.
    • In Data, click Add and select a field containing end point data.
  3. If your dimension does not contain start or end point data, in Location, add the fields containing the start point data and end point data as location fields.
  4. If there are issues with the start and end point locations, adjust the location settings in Location in the properties panel.

Line layers using start point field and end point fields each have separate location settings in Location.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the input, my main problem is that I don't have the option to select line layer when I Drag and drop a field containing start point data onto the map.