Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Line chart - data points position, is it a bug?

Hi everyone,

I've created a line chart with drill down dimension (from Day to 1-min interval) with continuous scale.

Now, maybe I'm missing something but this is how the chart looks like (below is a table with the data that the chart is based on): image.png

Why the data points aren't placed exactly on the minute value?

I'm expecting to get something like this (red points):

image.png

The 1-min interval dimension format isn't including seconds, just hour and minute.

Thanks in advance,

Eli.

5 Replies
ChiragPradhan
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Could you post the complete data you are using? As I can see in the drilldown there is a 30-min and a 10-min interval dimension but cant see it in the table below. Is it a calculated dimension?

Rgds,

Chirag

EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @ChiragPradhan 

As requested, this is the complete data:

image.png

And it's not a calculated dimension, only drill down dimension with those 5 fields (Day, hour, 30-min, 10-min, 1-min).

Thanks.

ChiragPradhan
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @EliGohar 

Which version are you using? I have created the attached in April 2019 and it seems to be fine.

Rgds

EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I'm using November 2018 version Patch 4, the QVF you attached works fine on my environment.

I just found out that the 1-Min field is defined in this way:

time(floor(frac([Start Time])+ 0.000000001,1.0/1440.0),'hh:mm') as "1 Min"

Start Time is a timestamp field.

We used this definition for 1 Min field in order to make it more accurate, but maybe this is what causing the chart to be presented this way? 

ChiragPradhan
Creator II
Creator II

If Start Time is a timestamp field, I am not sure what the frac function is doing there. My assumption is that the start time field must be getting a value like 06.20. And the frac function is pulling the 0.20 and the rest of the formula is converting that into minutes.

I think the data needs to be looked at in more detail.

Rgds

Chirag