Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III

Line chart issues

Hi Community,

I have a linechart like below, with dimension in YearMonth, which couldn't be ranked in sequence automatically, i tried other options in the property ranked by number or letter, but still doens't work out,  do you know how to fix it?

Also on the bottom of chart, there is a minichart, which I want to hide, is it possible? thank you.

11.jpg

8 Replies
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Hi

Create your Month-Year field differently to make it a proper date, then it will sort correctly. If you are extracting from a date field, do it like this: 

date(MonthStart(datefield), 'MMM-YYYY') as [Month-Year]

Or use Dual Function like Dual([Month Year],DateNum)

Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

To hide minichart:

open options for X-axis in Appereance tab,

turn Continuous from auto to custom and uncheck Show minichart

Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@shiveshsingh:
thanks for reply. I have used similarly like month&'-'&Year as monthyearin editor to create the field, but it doesn't work as mentioned. however considering I am using fiscal year calendar with month start from July and ends in June, with also fiscal year number differently, how can I define this [FiscalMonth-FiscalYear]?
Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Zhandos_Shotan:
thanks for your time, but I didn't see same option as you mentioned, I am using Qlik sense desktop Sep.2018 version. or shall I create an master line chart firstly to make this?
Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You need to convert your chart to (combo chart with line expression or to bar chart)
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Can you share the script, where you created Month Year, Have you used Date function to define?

Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@shiveshsingh:
the script of monthyear I used now is as following:
Date#(Month(datefield) & '-' & Year(datefield), 'MMM-YYYY') as MonthYear
now it works in standard calenadar year, but in fiscalmonthyear, where I defined in similar way:

Date#( Dual(Month(Datefield), Mod(Month(Datefield)-$(vFM), 12)+1) & '-' & If(Month(Datefield)='Jan'or Month(Datefield)='Feb'or Month(Datefield)='Mar'or Month(Datefield)='Apr'or Month(Datefield)='May'or Month(Datefield)='Jun',Year(Datefield),(Year(Datefield)+1))) as FiscalMonthYear

but in the chart, it cannot be ranked starting July until June in same fiscal year, whereas it is still still starting from Jan in ranking...
Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@shiveshsingh:
another question, if to set as quarter-year, how to make such field? thx